Buying a used TV is a great alternative to forking out thousands for a brand new one. TV listings on Gumtree have increased by 16% in the past month and there are now over 6,000 to choose from.
When it comes to choosing the right brand, Samsung is the most popular used TV listed on Gumtree with close to 1,000 listings, followed by LG (743) and Sony (661). One in three of these are HD and almost 10% are 3D capable.
- Know the market: Dedicate time to researching what’s out there and the average price of TVs similar to the one you’re looking for
- Ask questions: When first contacting the seller, don’t be afraid to ask a lot of questions:
- How long have they had the TV?
- Has the TV had any faults you should be aware of?
- Where was the TV bought? Ideally the seller or the previous owner bought the TV new and is able to provide a copy of the receipt and warranty
- Is the price negotiable?
- Meet the seller: Take a friend and meet the seller at their home address. Inspect the TV for any damage and make sure it works properly
Head to the Electronics & Computers category on Gumtree to see more.