Owning a luxury sports car was once upon a time only for the likes of financiers, old money or the 007’s of the world. Not anymore! Step aside James Bond. As we reveal how you could purchase a Lamborghini or dream car on your own salary. With 11 Lamborghini sports cars currently featured on Gumtree, a luxury car is not too far out of reach.
We have all heard of the term ‘work hard, play hard’ and following that methodology; you could be like Tom who purchased his dream play toy. When you hear of the joy that sitting behind the driver’s wheel brings Tom, it is truly inspiring. Everyday Australians could be driving around in the car of their wildest dreams. Tom was strategic and measured before his purchase, ensuring he knew exactly what he was after. Following his test-drive and thorough inspection led to the signing of paperwork. Buying your dream car will not ruin you financially if you take the correct steps to success. Consult your accountant, run the numbers and take out a responsible loan. If you get into the mindset of building your current car repayments up to a higher amount, you will then be able to transition easily to the new repayments when you finally make that dream purchase.
Here are some foolproof tips to get you to that dream car:
1. Do your research. Know exactly what you have in mind and be patient- the right car for you will show up. Be sceptical and shop around for price so you know you are getting a deal. If you are unsure, take a friend along to inspect the vehicle and don’t be afraid to seek a professional’s advice. Particularly with luxury vehicles made overseas, it is important to ensure that parts can be readily available if needed and that you understand the style of car and company history.
2. Look into financing options. There are many options of financing to give you that boost towards your dream car. Make sure you are realistic with what you can afford for your repayments. Purchase a car based on the final amount and not on how much the repayments are. See below for some options.
3. Take a test drive. Get behind the wheel for a test drive. A car is not only a financial investment but an emotional investment. Grip the wheel, ride the engine, does the car feel comfortable?
4. Ask the questions. Buying a luxury car is going to be an investment, so you need to ask the hard questions. Be 100% confident you are buying a quality vehicle that won’t end up costing you more money down the track.
Have there been any ongoing issues with the car? Has the car been damaged on the road?
How many owners has the vehicle had? What is the service history?
What is the condition of the engine, tyres and paint work? Does the car leak oil? Has any major detail work been undertaken?
Once you have all of this information, you will then be able to make an educated offer and even negotiate the final price.
5. Avoid impulse buying. Although you may be distracted by the shiny top coat, leather interior and rims, make sure you are making this purchase because it is the right car for you. Don’t be blind sighted. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
2006 Lamborghini Murcielago $464,995
Image Credit: Gumtree User
2006 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe $147,950
2001 Lamborghini Diablo Coupe $99,000
Image Credit: Gumtree User
As Tom stated so boldly in his amazing story, life is short and we are here to work hard and to enjoy! Buy the shoes, the dress, the luxury sports car. See what’s available on Gumtree today.